Week 6: The Beauty of Thailand by Saravut Whanset

Monday, August 25, 2014 Ching Lea Yee 0 Comments

One of my ideas for Exercise 2 "Light as a subject", was to capture the sunsets and sunrise against the beach and jetties in Singapore. I like how this series of photographs by Saravut Whanset makes me feel the inner peace when enjoying these pictures. I hope that if I do pursue this idea, my photographs would also portray a similar mood.

There are a couple of elements that I need to think about when it comes to sunrise and sunset photography. These include the use of objects, timing, focus, creativity, light metering, and clouds and the weather. I think it is better to find an object apart from the sun to use in their photo. By having an object, such as a tree, a silhouette of a person, or some foreground detail, it adds value to the photo and attracts the eye. Some people may want to try getting tree branches in the picture to frame the sun.

World-known photographer Saravut Whanset uncovers a vibrant and colorful world before us. What makes his work outstanding is that he focuses not only people and nature but their interaction which is amazing. Thanks to Saravut Whanset’s images, the amazing nature beauty of Thailand bursts into the public eyes. Due to its location in three different climatic zones, the nature of Thailand is very colorful and various. There is no denying that Thailand is home to abundant fantastic geographical and human landscape.

The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography


The Beauty of Thailand in Saravut Whansets Photography




Sources: 
http://weezbo.com/the-beauty-of-thailand-in-saravut-whansets-photography.html






0 comments: