Week 13: Self-Reflection for Project 3
What are some of the challenges that I faced when doing this photography project?The street barber that I was photographing was shy and not very willing to look at the camera or pose for the camera.
There were many vehicles who were parking illegally and I had crop them out of the frame at the street barber place.
I had to go back and reshoot for the peranakan beaded slippers series as the Ms Irene Sng (the sister of the owner Robert Sng) did not really liked me to photograph her, but she told me to go back the next day as her brother was usually the one doing interviews or appearing in photographs.
I had to arrange the tools of the trade for the peranakan beaded shoes to take photograph, I was not prepared for that.
I am also having some trouble thinking of a title for my project and also how I would design the book cover.
What is the concept for this project?
My concept for this project was to photograph vanishing trades in Singapore. The idea is that the jobs have very few people who are doing it at the moment and they have no successors to taked over them. Bother the street barber and the peranakan shoe-maker are very passionate about their jobs and they would do the trade as long as they can.









0 comments: