Week 8: New Orleans after the flood by Robert Polidori
Robert Polidori and his work on New Orleans after the flood was recommended by my lecturer Ms Ho as she feels that I could use this as a reference for my photo shoot for Project 2 which is at an abandoned house Istana Woodneuk. I think his works on New Orleans after the flood is how I would like to mirror my composition of the photographs as. I hope that my photographs on Istana Woodneuk is able to bring out the same mood of loneliness as his works. I love the composition of his photographs, the disarray and chaos yet beauty and quiteness feeling. Most of the photographs uses natural lighting which is the type of lighting I will be using for my photo shoot at Istana Woodneuk.After Hurricane Katrina, Robert Polidori went to New Orleans, where he lived years ago, to shoot photographs of the devastation for The New Yorker. He stayed longer than first planned, then went back again and again, for weeks, taking hundreds of pictures with a large-format camera that produced wide, superbly detailed color photographs. The camera was awkward to manipulate through the wreckage and in the heat, without electricity and lights. Robert Polidori has also photographed Havana, Versailles, and Chernobyl, and his photographs frequently appear in the New Yorker and Vanity Fair.
Sources:
http://www.dissentmagazine.org/online_articles/new-orleans-after-the-flood-a-photo-gallery









0 comments: